Founded on the principle that a continuum of timely, focused healthcare is the key to delivering enhanced clinical outcomes and cost savings to the healthcare system, MPAC is a proven industry leader in developing post-acute programs aimed at eliminating unnecessary hospitalizations and delivering cost savings.
Job Description: In this position the physician works in close collaboration with Advanced Practice Clinician's (aka APC's: nurse practitioner's or physician assistant's) to manage psychiatric patients at nursing facilities (NF’s). The physician will conduct psychiatric evaluations, formulate diagnoses, interpret diagnostic test, and develop psychoparmacologic treatment plans at select NF’s that also utilize MPAC's full-time APC Program. The physician makes scheduled rounds while the APC takes on majority of the patient management activities; i.e. reviewing labs, ordering medications all of which minimize calls to physician.
Schedule - We have multiple positions available across Chicagoland (note: we are not an agency, you will be employed by our practice) so the schedule can be tailored to your preference
- For each position we can accommodate up to 20 hours per week but need a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week
- Rounds can be performed anytime of the day into the evening and/or weekends
- Take calls as needed when not on-site however calls are minimal because the onsite NP/PA handle many of the patient management activities
Job Requirements: At MPAC, we’re looking for physicians with strong interpersonal skills. The physician must be able to build trust and rapport with patients and staff. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for providing high quality healthcare and the disposition to treat patients like old friends rather than case numbers.
- Candidates must have completed Psychiatric Residency (Our equivalent)
- Function as the mental health specialist for residents at select NF’s
- Function as the supervising/collaborating physician for PA’s and NP’s
- Support from a physician owned practice ensures you maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid malpractice coverage provided through MPAC
- Work for a fast growing and fun company that is making a difference in how healthcare is being delivered